Monday, November 9, 2009

A Great Weekend

God is good. Josie seems to be back to her old self today and Keith has his driver's licence back. Yesterday, Keith had a meeting at Calvary Baptist Church in Canon (Canyon) City, CO. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go. Josie had been up half of Saturday night sick and I thought it best to keep the other two back in case it was contagious. We were blessed with an actual "home" to stay in for the weekend. Missionaries, Bro. and Mrs. Draper allow the church to use their home while they're away. The church took good care of us and Keith had some great fellowship. He was very excited about the day, saying that the spirit of the church was sweet.

Tomorrow we leave for Jackson Hole, WY. We've been told good things about the pastor and have been looking forward to this meeting for a while. We are also looking forward to seeing the beautiful mountains in that area.

I actually drove through mountains today and we didn't die!!! For those of you who don't know me well, I have a slight aversion to heights, high speed, and curves. Driving downhill at 50 m/hr on a road shaped like a snake is NOT my idea of fun, especially when a lake is on one side and a wall of rocks is on the other side. Keith needed a brake and I needed a lesson on prayer and faith. It was comforting to know; however, that Keith trusted God enough to let me drive.

Thank you for your prayers (the knowledge of your prayers encouraged me today while driving around and around and around and down, down, down, the mountains.) God bless you. Keep on a prayin'!

0 comments: