Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stop Hitting the Snooze Button

Are you a morning person? Well, I 'm NOT! There's not much I wouldn't do for a few extra minutes of rest before I have to face my day. Back in the days when I was single, I would set an alarm to make sure I was up in time to get ready for work and catch the bus. Without fail, I would set the clock half an hour early, because I knew I would hit "snooze" several times. I know what you're thinking, "Why not just set it for the correct time and actually get out of bed?" Well, if you know me or anyone like me, you'd understand that my reasoning abilities don't kick in until sometime around noon. 

"Awake, my soul, and sing of Him who died for thee..."

As we sang the above words this morning, my mind started thinking about how it was time we, as God's servants, stopped hitting the snooze button. 

Proverbs 10:5 "...but he that sleepeth in harvest is a son that causeth shame."


Matthew 9:37,38  "Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest."

Romans 13:11,12 "And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand..."

I Corinthians 15:34 "Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame."

I Thessalonians 5:6 "Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober."

It's time to stop hitting the snooze button!



2 comments:

Skye said...

lol I'm not a morning person either. In the morning when my sisters and myself get out of bed, my 8 year old sister starts "TALKING." Not just talking, but the kind of talking with questions. My response is always,"Maddie, I'm not awake yet I'm still asleep." LOL

Jennifer said...

That really sounds like me! I also set my alarm to go off 15 minutes before I have to get up! But I guess people who procrastinate in little things als procrastinate in their spiritual life.

Great post!