Friday, October 23, 2009

"I will never leave thee..."

Tonight as I was tucking the sleeping girls in; I heard my name being called sweetly from the other bed. "Mommy," Jerry said, "If you die and go to Heaven I want to die too, because I would be sad to stay here if you were in Heaven. I love you that much." After we spoke about the fact that God has a special plan for each of us and its up to Him when we die, Jerry said, "But, Mommy, I don't want you going out by yourself anymore, okay? You always need to take me so you won't go to Heaven without me. Will you always stay with me?" I was glad that I could say, "Mommy can't promise you that I will always be with you, but I can promise you that God will NEVER leave you." As I left a smiling, sleepy boy, I got to thinking how wonderful it is that I could reassure Jerry with complete confidence.

In a world that has gone topsy-turvy there's little that we can depend on. We don't know for sure if we will have feedom to serve God openly in a month from now. As a mother, I often fear about something happening to my children. But, I can know that each of our stories has already been written and God not only knows the end but is already there and will be with us each step of the way. Now that's a promise you can count on!

If you are reading this and don't know what I'm talking about or can't say that with 100% assurance; please take a few minutes and visit our web site http://www.reachingtheloveless.com/ and click on the button titled, "Born Again?"

For the rest of us, sleep well. God bless you. Keep on a prayin'!

0 comments: