Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sincere Compliments

You've just gotta love the honesty and tact of children!

We've just had the pleasure of staying with Bro. and Sister Myers from Berean Baptist Church in Ogden, UT. Last night we were served the best chili I've ever had! As part of the course Mrs. Myers made corn muffins, which Jerry has never been partial too. After having a bite or two Jerry excused himself to whisper in my ear. I'm thinking, "I hope he doesn't complain too loudly." Instead, too my shock, he whispers, "Mommy, these are the best corn muffins in the whole wide wheeled (world). They're so much better than yours!" I told him it was okay to tell Mrs. Myers what he said. When she explained to him that these muffins came from a mix that only required water, Jerry didn't give us the reaction we expected. Instead of renewing his faith in my cooking ability, Jerry looks at me and says, "Wow, Mommy, she only added water and you add a whole bunch of stuff when you make muffins and hers are way better!" In a four-and-a-half-year-old's mind Mrs. Myers was a miracle worker turning water into "The Wheeled's Best Corn Muffins!"

We are now in Cedar City, UT for a mission conference. The Rocky mountains are beautiful. We will try to upload some photos soon. God has been good to us and has kept us from any serious sickness. With the flu season upon us, please pray that God will spare us. Thank you for your much needed prayers. I don't think most people realize how important prayer is and how truly blessed we are because of them. Remember: God honors faith because faith honors God! God bless you. Keep on a 'prayin!

0 comments: